The International Association of Teachers of Czech (IATC) is a non-profit, scholarly organization. Its objective is to promote the study of the Czech language and culture. Its main goals are:
- to facilitate international contacts among teachers of Czech by organizing meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops;
- to encourage research in language pedagogy, as well as the development and updating of Czech teaching materials;
- to publish a newsletter to serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas and information among teachers and students of Czech and the interested public;
- to establish and support contacts between Czech programs at various institutions;
- to promote contact and affiliations with Czech academic institutions;
- to raise funds for scholarships, teaching programs, and the other activities above.
The IATC’s two most important activities are:
- publishing Czech Language News, which contains articles from a broad spectrum of Bohemists in the international community;
- convening two scholarly panels (Czech linguistics and Czech literature) and a business meeting at the national convention of the AATSEEL.